Homemaking / Companion
Homemaking / Companion services provide light housekeeping activities or companionship for clients who require no "hands-on" personal care, yet need assistance to remain independent in their home. Services can be customized and combined to fit your individual needs.
- Daily Assistance – A full range of support services, including caring for a home, preparing daily meals and doing housekeeping and maintenance chores.
- Companionship and Transportation – Companionship, transportation and/or accompaniment to events or to non-emergency medical and dental appointments. Whether preparing for or accompanying you to a movie or restaurant; assisting with letter writing; game and/or card playing; reading; or general conversation, ResCare HomeCare is here for you or your loved one's medical and emotional needs. Our caregiver-drivers also provide pick-up and drop-off services.
- Homemaking – Includes the tasks necessary for the upkeep and cleanliness of the home:
- Meal planning and preparation – Grocery shopping, meal preparation, monitoring diet and food intake, preparing future meals and clean-up.
- Errands – Picking up prescriptions, gathering the mail and general shopping.
- Pet care – Walking, feeding and basic grooming.
- Light housekeeping chores – Assistance with laundry, changing linens, taking out trash, dusting, vacuuming, mopping, caring for houseplants and general cleaning as part of a home care visit. If more extensive home cleaning services are required, we will make an appropriate referral.