Most people who choose ResCare HomeCare request personal care and support services. These services provide hands-on assistance with the activities of daily living for people who need additional aid in their own home or in assisted living communities or cannot complete these tasks independently due to safety or physical limitations. Services can be customized and combined to fit your individual needs.
- Daily Personal Care Assistance – A full range of support services, including caring for a home, preparing daily meals and doing housekeeping and maintenance chores in addition to assistance with activities of daily living such as bathing, hygiene support, grooming, feeding, toileting, transferring, and ambulation..
- Signature Programs – Daily Assistance programs customized to meet your individual needs.
- Life management – Wellness and prevention focused care customized for people living with Diabetes, Cardiac conditions, Dementia, COPD, and other chronic conditions.
- Concierge Services – Daily Assistance programs delivered to you in your Assisted Living Residence.
- Safe Discharge – Safe transition home after a hospitalization, surgery, or rehabilitation including picking up prescriptions and groceries to settle back in safely at home.
- Companionship and Transportation – Companionship, transportation and/or accompaniment to events or to non-emergency medical and dental appointments. Whether preparing for or accompanying you to a movie or restaurant; assisting with letter writing; game and/or card playing; reading; or general conversation, ResCare HomeCare is here for you or your loved one's medical and emotional needs. Our caregiver-drivers also provide pick-up and drop-off services.
- Homemaking – Includes the tasks necessary for the upkeep and cleanliness of the home:
- Meal planning and preparation – Grocery shopping, meal preparation, monitoring diet and food intake, preparing future meals and clean-up.
- Errands – Picking up prescriptions, gathering the mail and general shopping.
- Pet care – Walking, feeding and basic grooming.
- Light housekeeping chores – Assistance with laundry, changing linens, taking out trash, dusting, vacuuming, mopping, caring for houseplants and general cleaning as part of a home care visit. If more extensive home cleaning services are required, we will make an appropriate referral.
- Care Management –
- Medication Reminders – Medication management program, including medication reminder services, to ensure the correct dose is taken at the correct time.
- Hospital Support – Caring professionals will support, sit with you and keep family members up to date with information as desired during some portion or all of your hospital stay.
- Skilled Nursing / Therapy – Our highly trained nurses and therapists offer the support patients and families need to recover from illness or surgery as well as manage health and wellness. The skilled ResCare HomeCare team can provide case management, geriatric care management, teaching and training programs, disease management, wound care, tube feedings, medication management, foot care, range-of-motion exercises and many other programs to support wellness.
- Neurotherapy – Therapy for individuals with traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, stroke, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease and other neuro-related diagnoses are provided through our exclusive Rehab Without Walls program. With this program, our clinical experts work one-on-one with patients to help them recover functional skills. They learn to maximize their mobility around the house, shop for groceries and prepare their own meals - all in the comfortable, familiar surroundings of their home. Our skilled, interdisciplinary team focuses on meeting each individual's functional goals so he or she can enjoy the highest possible level of health and independence.
- Live-in Care – Allows individuals with physical or cognitive challenges to enjoy life in the comfort of their own homes, avoiding the disruption and inconvenience that typically accompany a change in living arrangements. We offer complete coverage so you need never be left alone. We make great efforts to assign the same caregivers to the home each week to ensure consistency of care.
- Overnight – Support to individuals needing assistance throughout the night, including assistance going to bed, toileting, catheter care, personal hygiene, medication management, wound and skin care and other skilled tasks. Caregivers are awake all night and are available to assist with after bedtime transfers, toileting and redirection of confused, agitated or wandering behaviors.
- Post-hospitalization Care and Support – Care and support to individuals recovering from general or orthopedic surgery. Our dedicated and discreet professionals provide a range of customized services to assist during the critical first weeks after surgery, when rest is most important and discretion is most valued. We work with the patient, family members and physicians, offering highly personalized care and support, transportation, homemaking and companion services. Our services enable recovering individuals to rest, limit activities that might slow recovery and protect privacy and dignity while allowing time to heal.
- Post-Cosmetic Surgery Care and Support – Care provided by trained caregivers for individuals recovering from cosmetic procedures, including face lifts, rhinoplasty, liposuction or breast augmentation.
- Remote Tele-Care – ResCare HomeCare offers Rest Assured®, a patented Telecare system that provides the people and technology to help patients stay independent and safe at home. Rest Assured® uses cameras, state-of-the-art sensors and an interactive screen to provide an affordable care model with trained telecaregivers who are available around the clock. This one-of-a kind system even allows family participation through the "MyRestAssured" web portal.
ResCare HomeCare also offers Rest Assured® OneTouch® - a simple, personal emergency response system that provides emergency assistance from a trained Rest Assured® telecaregiver at the touch of a button. This low-cost alternative is ideal for patients who only require help in emergency situations.
In addition to our exclusive remote Telecare technology, ResCare HomeCare also provides Bluetooth-enabled Telehealth technology as part of the ResCare Disease Management program. Using pulse oximeters, weight scales, glucose meters and blood pressure technology, clinical information is transmitted wirelessly to nurses, who monitor readings to maintain wellness.